Thursday, 1 May 2008

Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate

Aside from The Sims, my other favourite game series would have to be Mystery Case Files. The basic idea of the series is to find hidden objects in a picture of a scene, which is not as easy as it may sound.

The Madame Fate game is the fourth release of the series, which I just finished tonight, and thought was worth sharing/recommending here. It has improved a lot compared to the previous releases [Huntsville, Prime Suspects, and Ravenhearst] - the pictures are more beautiful, the items are harder to find with some extra twists, and the puzzles are more insanely mind boggling. I guarantee it will keep you playing for hours out of curiosity! It does also make you feel challenged to do your best to solve every puzzle and find every object. With the previous games, I could play casually while eating chips and listening to music - but with this one, it takes extra concentration. As soon as I get sleepy or tired, even the slightest lack of concentration already results in failure to play the game 'properly'.

This is definitely one good game to exercise your brain, you can almost feel it spinning while you play - and I can't wait to play it for the second time, even if only to beat my previous time.

No comments: