The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett is one of my favourite books of all time. I like reading stories where the main characters are children, and I love English country gardens/mansions. Children story books are often more beautiful and pure - with limitless imaginations, earnestly charming personalities, and big appreciation of many things in life that adults often take for granted... or just don't notice anymore.
On top of all that, the idea of having a personal secret garden is extremely fascinating to me. It'd be heavenly to have a beautiful, fragrant, and tranquil enclosure that nobody else knows about, in the middle of a beautiful English country garden.
I thought it'd be a bit weird to call this blog a secret garden, when it's online on the worldwide web - but, upon further pondering, I thought it's still a secret in the sense that nobody will see it anyway unless I give them the link. Which is the purpose in the first place, where I and some closest friends plan to keep each other updated with each others' lives. So, here we go....
Sunday, 2 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment