Monday, 17 March 2008

Just My Luck

A store heir. An unemployed architect. A factory co-owner. A kindergarten teacher.
What do members of this group have in common?
"Everyone in this car is single!" One of us pointed out, and the bland truth hit us for a moment before we roared in laughter. Half amused, half confused, there's an unsaid question eternally looming among us: Why? It seems like there's a curse spreading around our group - but, perhaps it's the other way around, it's the curse that binds us together.
We're not really looking, let alone being desperate or anything, but still, it's an ironically amusing thought.
I've got this senseless fear that a certain someone might be gay. "God can't be that cruel!" I thought. But then - I looked back and realised that I've been living a cruel joke anyway, and based on my luck, I'm actually going to be surprised if he's straight. I'm writing this in the most lighthearted way possible, smirking, but oh God if You would, please let me out of this joke.
Don't let him be gay.

No comments: