Why do people [men] stereotype women as shoppers? During the Senayan City midnight sale, I saw as many men shopping eagerly. I went with my friends who were all male, and the male section of Debenhams was just as crowded as the female section which I visited with my family a day before. On the day before I felt pity for the men who seemed obviously bored in the women's section, but when I was in the men's section, I saw bored women sitting around waiting. The young ones [girlfriends, I presume] were tagging along with their boys, helping them pick shirts and jackets with a loving look in their eyes. Ah, to be young. But the older ones [wives, I presume] sat down unamused while their men perused bargain bins.
It was part of the Jakarta Great Sale, spanning from June until July, as part of celebrating Jakarta's anniversary. Last night there also was a midnight sale at Plaza Indonesia, but due to bad experiences finding a parking space on even regular Saturday night, I refrained from going. But oh - best of all - Zara's on sale as well! Me and my friend Rosa literally ran towards the store when we saw the sign!
Anyway, it's been a great sale and you can really find good stuff with great price if you look really good.
Saturday, 28 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment