There's a plethora of malls in Jakarta. In fact, we don't seem to have much choice to spend our holidays! Want to eat? Go to the mall. The cinema's in the mall. Shop, in the mall, obviously. There are even play arenas and art exhibitions in the mall. Everything you want, conveniently located in 1 luxurious building.
I went with my family to the newly opened Pacific Place, to make use of their 25% off food promotion [with ANZ card, until early May]. The design is much like Senayan City, some corners look exactly the same, I felt like I was lost in a fabricated heaven. I mean I love these places for being so comfortable and luxurious, but with malls popping up here and there looking identical, I feel like I'm being swept away in an uncontrollable spiral downward the hedonistically consumptive lifestyle.
Then we went to Citraland to find a new faucet. That's right, our kitchen sink's faucet was broken this morning. It's also packed, I couldn't believe that there are so many people in each mall every weekend! Not much else to do - no nice parks to stroll through, no stylish museums to visit, no public libraries to enjoy... there's virtually nothing to do. Nothing nice anyway.
Then off with my friends, to eat dinner and watch Three Kingdoms. We went to eX and it's crowded once again! We almost didn't get seats for the show, but managed - although it was a bit too close to the screen for comfort. Luckily the film was enjoyable.
But hell, I spent the day mallhopping.
Monday, 7 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment